Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Easiest Way To Get Married To A Foreigner

It is usually good news for people to announce their engagement and declaration of intention to get married. Every couple has their own unique story on how they met and decided to settle down in marriage. The internet has become a common place for people to meet and fall in love. For most American citizens they have a desire to bring their spouse to the county and get married there. However, this is not an easy process because there are few requirements that are to be met before this can finally happen. The first and most important thing to do is apply for the k-1 visa which will grant your spouse entry into the country. Before one can secure this visa, there is so much that needs to be submitted to the immigration department. The whole process is quite frustrating and one can end up being disappointed. This visa will be the key to allow the foreigner to come into the county for marriage with their life partner. Since most people meet on the internet and fall in love, there is more that is required when it comes to application of this visa. You need to have at least met once in the period of two years preceding the visa petition. This needs to be confirmed with evidence such as travel documents and photos. Once the process commences, there are several documents that are required to be submitted. If the documents are confirmed to be as required and authentic, your partner is invited for an interview. This interview will determine if you will get the fiancee visa or not. You should ensure that you try as much as possible to fulfill all the necessary requirements so as to be guaranteed of a successful application. This visa does not offer permanent residence and after marriage, you will be required to apply for permanent residency.

No comments:

Post a Comment