Summer’s here and don’t you just hate your hair during this season? Dry, brittle, frizzy with an oily scalp which even your best hair products are struggling with. Well, the sun is to blame for a major part of your woes. Here are a few tips to keep your hair in beautiful this season:
- Get adequate protection from the sun. Carry an umbrella or wear a scarf when you’re outside. Apply a sunscreen for your hair, if you are able to get it.
- Avoid using the blow-dryer and other styling products that use heat as far as possible. If you really need to, condition your hair and apply serum before you do.
- Avoid hot showers. Use lukewarm or cold water to wash your hair.
- Use a moisturizing shampoo instead of your usual one. If you need to wash hair daily, use a mild daily-use shampoo.
- Keep your hair tied in a bun or ponytail whenever possible. Or if you’re adventurous, go for a short, chic style instead.
- If you’re going on a vacation in the sun, avoid colouring your hair just before you leave. The UV rays in the summer sun can change your hair colour.
- During the summer, pamper your hair with deep conditioning treatments at the salon or at home. Massage your scalp with warm olive or coconut oil for around 10 minutes and then use a towel soaked in warm water to cover your hair.Another home conditioning treatment involves a mixture of curd, eggs and olive oil.
- Drink lots of water, tender coconut water and lemonade to keep yourself and your hair hydrated. Eat lots of fresh seasonal fruits and veggies to give your tresses the nutrition they need.